Kingdom Death: Monster 1.6
*Includes the updates found in the Legendary Card Pack.
21 lbs of Nightmare Horror Gaming
Monster is cooperative game for up to 4 players. Play survivors ekeing out an existence in the overwhelming darkness. Your story unfolds in a campaign that is played over many nights at the game table or ends quickly in bitter defeat.
Every decision matters. Every space moved, every resource spent, every governing principle chosen - all have lasting impact on this highly replayable and challenging game.
Embark on a 30 lantern year campaign. With so much emphasis on player choice, no two campaign are alike.
Monsters vs Players
Fight 8 monsters with rising levels of difficulty (except for the finale, it has only 1 level and it's HARD!) Every encounter, even with the same monster, is diverse and valuable. No two showdowns will resolve the same way. Players will have to plan their gear and keep their minds sharp to prevail.
In Monster, survivors will craft gear using resources earned from defeating monsters. Each survivor can carry up to 9 pieces of gear. What gear you bring and how you arrange it can unlock advantages that may make the difference between life and death.
You will encounter 40+ story events that will shape the story of your unique campaign. Your decisions and discoveries affect how story events unfold. Story Events cover everything from setting up and fighting a monster to dramatic turning points in your settlements story.
Unique stories emerge each time your play
Your story begins
A group of survivors awaken in the darkness. Immediately they are set upon by a monstrous threat.
Monster is cooperative game. You play survivors facing the overwhelming darkness that threatens their existence. The richly bound game book includes a painless play-along tutorial that guides beginners gently into the immersive, complex world of Monster.
Play again and again
Your story unfolds in a campaign meant to be played over many suspenseful nights gathered at the table.
Survivors die, new ones are born to challenge the darkness again. Settlements grow and fall to ruin. This is a game of generations struggling to survive.
Will you live to witness the finale or perish quickly in bitter defeat?
Twists and turns
Easy to digest rules and a trove of stunning illustrated story events mark the crossroads of your campaign.
As lantern years pass, new monstrous foes apear and strange events take place changing the course of life in the settlement.
Make tough choices and submit to the strange currents of fortune. Each event in your story reveals new secrets and weaves a unique story.
One lantern year at a time
With the extinguishing of a lantern heaped on the hoard, a new lantern year begins. Each play session has:
- Settlement phase. Build your civilization. Invent and craft.
- Hunt phase. Pick your greatest warriors to hunt the darkness, facing strange obstacles and surprises along the way.
- Showdown phase. At the end of their journey, a life or death showdown with a fantastical monster awaits.
Safe haven in the dark
Discover an illuminated place to build your settlement. Using what you scavenge from defeated monsters, build your society and craft gear.
Innovate cultural values and technologies. Each unique arrangement of innovations offers different advantages and opportunitie.
Weather the trials of settlement events that bring peril and windfalls of fortune.
Take inspiration from defeated to craft powerful weapons and defenses for the inevitable next showdown in the darkness.
Fend off nemesis monsters intent on destroying your fragile peace.
Setting off to hunt, survivors proceed through a gauntlet of events that provide glimpses of the world's mysteries shrouded in darkness.
Wonders and horrors await. Courage and curiosity are the key to snatching riches from the nightmarish challenges that await.
Victory or oblivion
Arriving at the battlegrounds, the hunt-weary survivors fight as a team against a unique version of each monster.
Monsters are self-propelled adversaries. Decks of cards guide their behavior and represent their horrifying body's strength and weaknesses. Each showdown uses a unique combination of monster cards ensuring each battle is a new experience.
Player take turns revealing the monsters next move and maneuvering their survivors to outlast their foe. Use gear, fighting arts, abilities, and teamwork to overcome impossible odds.
Terrible Monsters Stalk the Darkness
Kingdom Death: Monster 1.6 Contents
- 1 x Hardcover rulebook - 11" x 8.5" 235 Pages.
- 1 x Showdown board - Heavy, richly illustrated 2' x 3'
- 1 x Double sided Hunt / Settlement board (heavy cardstock)
- 2 x Game token sheet - 127 Tokens
- 1 x Terrain token sheet - 31 Terrain tiles to adorn the showdown board
- 1 x Monster Controller panel
- 4 x Survivor gear grids (heavy cardstock)
- 1 x Survivor record sheet pad ( 50 sheets, 6"x6")
- 1 x Settlement record sheet pad ( 50 Sheets, 8.5" x 11")
- 5 x 10-sided black Kingdom Death lantern dice
- 1 x 10-sided white Kingdom Death lantern dice
- 4 x 6 sided Survivor hit location dice
- 1 x 10 sided translucent orange Death die
Kingdom Death: Monster Contents - Miniatures
- 4 x Starting survivors (Allister, Zachary, Lucy, Erza)
- 1 x White Lion
- 1 x Butcher
- 1 × Screaming Antelope
- 1 x Kings Man
- 1 x The Hand
- 1 x Phoenix
- 1 x Watcher
- 1 x Gold Smoke Knight
- 1 x Unarmored armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 1 x Rawhide armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 1 x Leather armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 1 x White Lion armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 1 x Screaming Fur armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 1 x Phoenix armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 1 x Lantern armor kit (creates 4 survivors.)
- 4 x Bonus Mystery Miniatures
- 4 x Starting survivor heads to customize armor kits
- 9 x assorted survivor heads to customize armor kits
- 150+ Assorted gear to customize survivor minitues (Every weapon in the game represented!)
- 10+ Masks
- 10 x Stone face scenic base inserts
- 36 x Kingdom Death 30mm base + insert
- 7 x Kingdom Death 50mm base + 6 inserts
- - 1 x Kingdom Death 100mm base + insert
Kingdom Death: Monster Contents - Cards (3.5")
- 20 x Card dividers
- 1 x White Lion data card
- 25 x White Lion Al cards
- 23 x White Lion hit location cards
- 19 x White Lion Resource cards
- 8 x White Lion Hunt Event cards
- 1 × Screaming Antelope Data card
- 30 × Screaming Antelope Al cards
- 22 x Screaming Antelope Hit location cards
- 16 x Screaming Antelope Resource cards
- 9 × Screaming Antelope Hunt Event cards
- 1 x Phoenix Data card
- 31 × Phoenix Al cards
- 22 x Phoenix Hit location cards
- 24 x Phoenix Resource cards
- 9 x Phoenix Hunt Event cards
- 1 x Butcher Data card
- 30 x Butcher Al cards
- 15 × Butcher Hit location cards
- 1 X KIng s Man Data card
- 30 x King's Man Al cards
- 21 x King's Man Hit location cards
- 1 x The Hand Data card
- 23 x The Hand Al cards
- 17 x The Hand Hit location cards
- 1 × Watcher Data card
- 27 x Watcher Al cards
- 25 x Watcher Hit location cards
- 1 × Gold Smoke Knight Data card
- 22 x Gold Smoke Knight Al cards
- 19 x Gold Smoke Knight Hit location cards
- 12 x Basic Hunt Event cards
- 2 x Special Hunt Event cards
- 21 x Terrain cards
- 6 X Armor set cards
- 18 x Universal Monster cards
- 12 × Weapon Specialization cards
- 12 × Secret Fighting Arts cards
- 20 x Fighting Arts cards
- 8 x Vermin cards
- 24 x Strange Resource cards
- 21 x Basic Resource Cards
- 23 x Disorder cards
- 42 x Innovation cards
- 12 x Starting gear cards
- 24 x Bonesmith gear cards
- 24 X Skinnery gear cards
- 18 x Organ Grinder gear cards
- 21 x Leather Worker gear cards
- 22 x Barber Surgeon gear cards
- 46 x Catarium gear cards
- 40 x Stone Circle gear cards
- 20 x Rare gear cards
- 6 × Mask Maker gear cards
- 40 x Blacksmith gear cards
- 20 x Settlement event cards ( 3.5" × 5.75")
- 13 × Settlement location cards ( 8" × 4")